Thursday, August 13, 2009

Never Underestimate the Power of a Pot Pie!


Logan stopped eating this morning and has bad diarrhea. I ended up taking him back to the hospital. They analyzed his meds, told me to start him on the appetite stimulant again, and gave him an acupuncture treatment (stop laughing)! The treatment is supposed to stimulate appetite and he has to go back for another one on Monday. Hopefully it will help. I've heard lots of people say that it works. Who knows.

So, I stressed out all day about the possibility of Logan turning anorexic again. However - never doubt the power of a beef pot pie! ha! He finally caved and ate a pot pie and some deli meat tonight. So, hopefully he will continue to eat more and more.

The patient pulled one over on me this morning which added a little humor to it all! I was rushing through the living room this afternoon to answer the phone and stepped on something small and hard and it hurt my foot! Turns out, it was a pill! Hmmmmm......a pill covered in hot dog meat...hmmmmm. Gee.....looks like the pill I gave Logan this morning at 6:00am! The one that was SO easy to give to him and that earned him tons of praise :) Too funny. The big guy pretended to swallow the pill, plopped down and also "pretended" to start to take a nap. Then wonders on into another room and spits out the pill on the floor! Too funny. Lucky the cats didn't eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment