Saturday, July 25, 2009

Greetings!

Hi all! Everyone has been suggesting that I start a blog about Logan (our labrador retriever), so I can post updates in one place instead of having to keep up with emails and vmails :) All of the questions, interest, well wishes and support are so appreciated, that I don't want to leave anyone out who has been curious about the latest and greatest.
For those of you who haven't been following the story.....
Logan is our 11-year-old yellow lab. He came to live with us about 3 years ago here in Atlanta and has been nothing but a happy, well-behaved, smart-as-hell, super sweet pup! We adore him and he seems to love us too ;) He has become especially close to my husband.
In May we found a tumor on Logan's gums and to summarize, he was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Time moved so quickly at that point and Logan has had a partial mandibulectomy (removal of 1/2 of his lower jaw) and has been through his first chemo treatment. I have received so many questions and concerns about this whole process from friends and family, as well as people I don't even know (who have found me online either from my website or from online forums I belong to about dogs with cancer). I'm learning so much and would've loved to have come across a full, detailed blow-by-blow of someone's experience with canine osteosarcoma at the beginning of this whole ordeal. Maybe I would've had something to relate to and perhaps something to help us know what questions to ask, etc. at the very beginning. So - I've decided to take my friends' suggestions, and post a blog! If for no other reason, maybe someday some other animal lover going through this same thing will come across these posts and find them helpful. I'll post the story up to this point later this evening! Thanks again to everyone for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment